“Pleasure In The Job Puts Perfection In The Work.” – Aristotle
For more than 70 years, we have relied on hard-working and passionate employees to help us maximize our service to customers. Employees of Northside Elevator embody a work ethic and devotion to customer service that is second to none. We look for individuals who want to make a difference… where a job becomes an occupation and a pathway to personal fulfillment. Northside is a successful and stable family-owned business that views each employee as a member of the family. From ownership to employees and between employee peers, trust and respect are at the core of our business environment.
About The Loyal and Marshfield Areas
Since 1870, Loyal, Wisconsin has been a terrific place to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Clark county, Loyal is placed right in the middle of rich agricultural land and a high density of dairies—customers of ours. In this neck of the woods, the pace is slower and the cost of living affordable.
Marshfield, WI is just a few miles down the road, offering world-class medical facilities, shopping, dining, a zoo, and an excellent school system where caring teachers are neighbors and friends. The Loyal/Marshfield area teams with wildlife, public parks, and biking and hiking trails. the area is truly a playground for the outdoor enthusiast however big city amenities in Minneapolis or Madison are just short drives away.
If you would like to apply for production work or a driving position you can fill out our standard application or our application for CDL holders and drop it or a resume off at our office, or scan and attach it or a resume and send it to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking the following position.
Quality and Safety Compliance Manager
The Quality and Safety Compliance Manager (QSCM) will have leadership responsibility for Food Safety Modernization Act, Safe Feed Safe Food, and OSHA compliance across the organization. In this role, the QSCM will oversee all aspects of safety and feed quality. Top among these responsibilities are the creation and execution of company policies, standard operating procedures, employee training and maintaining both Northside Elevator’s Food Safety Plan and written Safety Manual. The QSCM is accountable for compliance with all business policies, local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations. This is a high impact opportunity requiring a motivated candidate.
Quality Control Management
- Develop strict, practical product quality standards
- Stay current on new regulations that would fall under the Food Safety Modernization Act and Safe Feed Safe Food protocols
- Monitor and review all product quality control testing procedures including incoming and outgoing product testing
- Oversee all incoming product operational protocols including approved suppliers and foreign suppliers
- Perform regular internal audits to ensure compliance with required standards
- Prepare and maintain all relative paperwork for SFSF and FSMA Audits
- Work with appropriate departments and managers to perform routine audits on all company policies and standard operating procedures that relate to animal feed manufacturing and distribution
- Enforce sanitary transportation protocols
- Oversee all manufacturing flushing and sequencing procedures
- Perform routine quality checks on manufactured products
- Assist in handling all product quality issues and complaints
- Develop a Food Safety Team
- Be responsible for determining the status of returned product (safety, liability and usability)
- Help to mature a culture of producing quality, safe animal feed
- Develop a set of metrics to monitor the overall progress of feed quality programs
Safety Compliance Management
- Provide technical guidance & consultation on development and implementation of safety standards
- Assist the organization to build safety awareness, attitude and mindset
- Maintain, promote, and further develop current Northside Elevator safety policies and procedures
- Review and act upon recommendations from inspection and audit assessments
- Analyze trends of incidents to identify any significant issues/gaps and recommend corrective measures
- Keep abreast of relevant OSHA regulations and requirements
- Develop a Safety Leadership Team
- Identify health and safety hazards and work with management to put risk controls in place
- Investigate accidents, incidents of property damage, and near misses to ascertain root cause and implement strategies to prevent reoccurrence
- Promote a proactive health and safety culture by increasing employee involvement, education, and recognition
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in animal feed industry or manufacturing environment
- PCQI certification (HACCP training a plus)
- Knowledge of OSHA 1910 compliance regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Maintain a positive professional attitude while being responsible and transparent
- Ability to self-manage with good initiative and sounds systematic thinking
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Northside Elevator, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.