“Pleasure In The Job Puts Perfection In The Work.” – Aristotle
For more than 70 years, we have relied on hard-working and passionate employees to help us maximize our service to customers. Employees of Northside Elevator embody a work ethic and devotion to customer service that is second to none. We look for individuals who want to make a difference… where a job becomes an occupation and a pathway to personal fulfillment. Northside is a successful and stable family-owned business that views each employee as a member of the family. From ownership to employees and between employee peers, trust and respect are at the core of our business environment.
About The Loyal and Marshfield Areas
Since 1870, Loyal, Wisconsin has been a terrific place to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Clark county, Loyal is placed right in the middle of rich agricultural land and a high density of dairies—customers of ours. In this neck of the woods, the pace is slower and the cost of living affordable.
Marshfield, WI is just a few miles down the road, offering world-class medical facilities, shopping, dining, a zoo, and an excellent school system where caring teachers are neighbors and friends. The Loyal/Marshfield area teams with wildlife, public parks, and biking and hiking trails. the area is truly a playground for the outdoor enthusiast however big city amenities in Minneapolis or Madison are just short drives away.
If you would like to apply for production work or a driving position you can fill out our application and drop it or a resume off at our office, or fill out the application in a web browser or other PDF software, save it and attach it or a resume and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fleet Support Specialist
The Fleet Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a combination of administrative support and data entry in Northside Elevator’s Transport Division. These activities include dispatching trucks for our local and regional routes, coordinating delivery of direct loads from the feed mill to Northside Elevator customers, reviewing driver logs for Hours of Service (HOS) compliance, entering fleet data into maintenance software, as well as fleet recordkeeping and reporting.
- Dispatch Support
- Organize and maintain load numbers that are dispatched to drivers
- Communicate with feed and fertilizer plant staff daily regarding their inventory needs
- Direct interaction with on-staff and third-party drivers
- Verify and record load numbers
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance
- Review driver logs and suggest corrections
- Update drivers on changes per FMCSA regulations
- Run vehicle inspection reports for defects
- Fleet Maintenance Support
- Record and track incoming and outgoing parts/supplies using bar code system and computer-based inventory software
- Record mechanic time, equipment down time, as well as parts and materials used for repair in computer based software
- Maintain computer based repair records on fleet and equipment
- Assist with monitoring ELD compliance
- Maintain fueling logs for trucks
- Identify obsolete equipment and parts to be sold
- Work with Finance Department to report assets and inventory on hand monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or above preferred
- Able to be adaptable, plan, organize, prioritize, and complete responsibilities as assigned
- Able to analyze, anticipate, and evaluate problems, solutions and situations in order to draw logical conclusions and make well informed decisions
- Exceptional communicator with superior listening skills and successful at building strong relationships with a diverse group of people
- Display a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and thoroughness
This position is a working foreman position. The Shop Foreman is responsible for prioritizing and assigning work orders to shop mechanics. Must be able to work independently as well as assist and train other mechanics on repairs. Ability to diagnose, test, resolve and repair problems on a variety of ag equipment and on-highway vehicles. Works closely with Fleet Manager on preventive maintenance program to minimize breakdowns on equipment and vehicles. Also, makes recommendations to Fleet Manager on equipment and vehicle purchases, along with any shop improvements. Shop foreman will be responsible that all repairs comply with all company policies, local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations. Shop Foreman will follow a checklist of inspection procedures to ensure equipment and vehicles are being properly maintained
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prioritize and assign work orders to shop mechanics and technicians.
- Train shop employees where needed on repairs and diagnostics.
- Diagnose, test, and repair vehicles as needed.
- Complete preventative maintenance such as engine tune ups, oil changes, tire rotations, checking batteries, changing filters, fluids and lubricating equipment.
- Inspect equipment and vehicles to ensure they are road worthy and available for use.
- Work well independently and in a team atmosphere.
- See that all repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Certified in tire repair.
- Certified in brake repair.
- Assist the Fleet Manager with;
- Interpreting parts and service manuals for vehicles and equipment.
- Tracking shop mechanics time, equipment down time, as well as the parts and materials used on each work order.
- Assist with vehicle and equipment service records.
- Give input in ordering shop inventory, including repair parts and tires.
- Disassemble, cut, fabricate, weld, and reassemble fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Design, engineer, fabricate, modify, and verify functionality of special purpose vehicles, equipment, and structures.
- Paint company equipment.
- Deliver and pick-up vehicles or equipment when needed.
- Operate a forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years related job experience preferred.
- Knowledge in computer diagnostics including Insite and Quick Serve Online.
- Ability to provide your own tools.
- ASE certifications in Electrical (A6/T6), Suspension (A4/T5), Brakes (T4), Gasoline Engines (T1), and Diesel Engines (T2) or equivalent certification.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, climb ladders, and operate a pallet jack with 2,000 pounds of material.
- Class A CDL.
- Maintain a valid medical card.
- Must meet all DOT requirements and comply with DOT rules and regulations.
- Self-Motivated and able to work in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Northside Elevator, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.